Tip Toe Up
As the name suggests, the Tip Toe Up sock is worked from the toe to the cuff and has a completely replaceable heel and toe. This is a skill-building pattern with step by step instructions for Turkish cast on, grafting on the needles, a stretchy sewn bind off with no sewing, forethought heel, and heel/toe replacement included.
A recent 6-page addendum includes Holli’s Top Tip Toe Up Tips:
- A Better Way to Minimize Holes;
- Detailed Afterthought Heel instructions and photos;
- Tips for measuring and placing the heel in the right spot for better fit;
- Working with self-striping yarns and coordinating the striping and the heel placement;
- Knitting in the Dark, where I explain how to knit long tubes and then put the toes, heels, cuffs on as an afterthought.