You know, when I was trying to come up with a blog name, I thought I would try something clever. My last name is pronounced “yo” like a yo-yo. I thought I might call it Yeoh-Yeoh Knits, or Yo-Yeoh Knits or something like that. My knitting sometimes yo-yos around because I jump back and forth between projects. I rarely work on one project from the beginning through to completion before embarking on another project. The physical knitting also yo-yos in that I knit, then rip, then reknit quite frequently.
As you can see, I decided against playing with my last name because I thought I was just trying too hard to be cutesy or clever. Besides, I want knitters to know my name and my designs and didn’t want the blog name to confuse matters. All that said, the Tangled Yoke Cardigan that was almost finished except for some buttons is a prime example of my yo-yo style of knitting. I’ve finally returned to it to sew on those buttons. I also stabilized the button band with some gros grain ribbon. I think perhaps that’s what lead to my procrastination because I’m really not fond of sewing by hand.
I decided to go with the grey buttons that most people in the comments preferred. I couldn’t find grey gros grain ribbon, hence the brown. I really want to stabilise the buttonhole band too, but I am very good at procrastinating. In the meantime, I’m able to wear my new sweater and I’m really pleased with the fit and wearability. I chose to knit it in a colour that would go with most of my wardrobe. I chose the style to also fit in with my wardrobe. I often don’t think of these things when I choose a knitting project and then they languish in my closet unworn.
Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang (published in Interweave Knits, Fall 2007)
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed DK (carbon) purchased online at Ram Wools
Challenges: My gauge on the horizontal cable really tightened up. It took severe blocking to even out the tension. My tension knitting in the round also change substantially from that of my flat knitting, which is not common for me. I cut the sleeve and reknit the cuff in a smaller needle to fix the problem.